The Guides House Hotel and Cafe were located on the edge of the Ribble Estuary, on Guides Lane, which ran off Mill Lane, in Warton near Preston in Lancashire. The name would seem to indicate that early occupants of the house guided people across the River Ribble. There certainly were guides in the 18th century, as Peg Mill (after which Mill Lane is named) was brought across the river to the Guides House in 1771.

The building, along with the lane itself and much of the buildings on Mill Lane, have long been consumed by the airfield – initially used by the RAF and American Air Force during World War II and now operated by BAe Systems