The view from The Mount in Fleetwood, down to the Esplanade, to the pier and out to sea, taken around 1959.
Fleetwood Pier was opened in 1910, with the pavilion added the following year. The original pier was destroyed in a huge fire in August 1952. This photograph appears to be of the new pier, which opened in 1958. Sadly the new pier was also destroyed in a fire, this time in 2008. The ruins were demolished and today hardly any trace of the pier remains.
The postcard was published by Francis Frith & Co., Reigate. It was sent to Mr & Mrs French, Pontop View, Rowlands Gill, Co. Durham on 31 August 1959.