Lytham, Market Square around 1908

Looking from Clifton Street and Park Street, towards the Market Square.
The shop on the left side of the image was soon to become the Midland Bank (now HSBC). The shop on the right, Stringers, is still there today. In the centre of the image is the Market Square. The building with the tower, is the Market Hall which was built in 1847 with the clock tower added in 1870.

Lytham, Market Square July 2016. Source: Google Street View

 

Published by Valentine’s. Posted from 8 Albert Street, Lytham to 3 Church Road, Harrington, Workington, Cumbria on 18 August 1908.