Blackpool Pleasure Beach opened in 1896. It sits on a 42 acre site on land mostly reclaimed from the beach, at the south end of Blackpool Promenade. The photo above must have been taken after 1923 when the Big Dipper (visible in the top right) was constructed.

Posted by John (Wain) staying at 78 Rydal Mount, Lytham Road, Blackpool to Mr J Wain, Conway, 28 The Grove, Wheatley Hills, Doncaster on 20 August 1929.